Commodities People Ltd. (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the Controller is Commodities People Ltd. registered in England 11055921. Registered Address: Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX ICO
Registration Number: ZA442663
Data Protection Officer’s details are as follows:
Commodities People, Level 39, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AB
Tel. +44 207 111 1615
Commodities People Ltd (CP) run industry leading, annual conferences worldwide, along with a full complement of content marketing services, and intimate networking events – all aimed at educating, supporting, and connecting the leadership of the global energy and commodity trading sectors. Find out more here: https://commoditiespeople.com/about
- Visit our website at https://commoditiespeople.com
- Visit any of our event websites (https://energytradingweek.com, https://www.commoditytradingweek.com)
- Engage with us in other related ways – including any sales, ticket purchases, marketing or virtual or in person events
- “Website”, we are referring to any of our websites that references or links this policy
- “Services”, we are referring to our Website, and other related services including any sales, marketing or events
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to
connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone
setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators
(URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time),
products you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page
visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-
overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number
used to call our customer service number.
In addition to this we will collect and process additional information that you provide us:
- Name, Email Address, Company, Company Role
- Some parties may be asked to provide a telephone number for event purposes
In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view any of our websites via your browser’s cookies.
- If you attend any online event (eg. webinar, live conference stream etc)
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your event registration, payment, and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Sponsors, partners and exhibitors – we may share your information with sponsors, partners and exhibitors who may contact you in relation to special offers, products and services related to your role within your company.
- Professional organisations involved in the provision of services for the event contracted for, such as, for example hotels, venue owners, event service providers;
In addition to the above, we may share your data with the additional third parties:
- Speakers’ profiles including their images may be shared on any of our websites and indexed by search engines, for example Google.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. Personal data of conference speakers including name and image may be placed on any of our websites and indexed by search engines, for example Google;
- Other event attendees through our event apps – To enhance your event experience CP uses a mobile apps that you can download onto your smartphone at any of our events. The features include viewing the agenda,
sponsors and speakers along with enhanced networking and interactivity at the event. The enhanced networking allows all attendees to see the name, job title and company name of anyone who attends the event. By downloading the app you agree to sharing these basic details and to be contacted by other attendees within the app solely for networking purposes in connection with the event.
How do we store your data?
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of our site, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an on-going basis. When users submit sensitive information (such as a credit card number) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have paid to attend a conference with us, we will keep a record of your payment for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you or where recorded via telephone (for example if you have made a complaint about a conference) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Our data retention policy further describes our retention practices. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies such as event partners, sponsors or exhibitors.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Our Company Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your data protection rights?
Commodities People would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- We also allow cookies that may be served where we embed social media links such as Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us